Welcome to the Inaugural Xenia Avenue Marathon & Half-Marathon. If you’re looking for a low key, certified, flat and fast marathon or half-marathon to check off the letter X on your way to completing the alphabet, then look no further.
Our event is co-sponsored by the Champlin Park High School Cross Country Running Booster Club and all proceeds (i.e., your whole entry fee) from the event will go to the booster club to help our high school and middle school cross country runners. Examples of the items that the Booser Club provides to the runners include funding for buses to the Luther College Invitiational Meet and The Swain Cross Country Invitational, race meet shelters, team shorts and singlets, summer mileage awards.
When: Sunday July 19, 2020
Start Time: Both races begin at 7:00 a.m.
Parking is available at: Champlin Park High School – 6025 109th Avenue North, Champlin, MN 55316
Race start is across the street at Orchard Trail Park
There is a 7-Hour Time Limit.
Packet Pickup will be available Saturday afternoon from 4-6 p.m. at Orchard Trail Park; race day packet pickup will be available beginning at 5:30 a.m. at Orchard Trail Park.
Prices are as follows:
Date: Marathon: Half-Marathon
Now to April 30, 2020 – $100.00 $80.00
May 1 to May 31, 2020 – $110.00 $90.00
June 1 to June 30, 2020 – $120.00 $100.00
July 1 to July 12, 2020 – $130.00 $110.00
All runners will receive a soft polyester shirt and finisher’s medal who register by June 30, 2020. There will be awards for the top 3 over male and female runners in each event.
The Marathon is a Multiple Loop and out-and-back course. The course begins at Orchard Trail Park. From the start the course heads south along the scenic Rush Creek Corridor Trail and heads to a local neighborhood. The course then enters the local neighborhood for roughly a 1 mile loop, traversing Xenia Avenue along the way. The course then reenters the Rush Creek Corridor Trail and heads back to Orchard Trail Park. After looping around Orchard Trail Park, the course heads south again to the Rush Creek Corridor Trail and then heads west for the first of 5 loops. You will run west along the Rush Creek Trail until almost reaching Winnetka Avenue. You will then turn around and head east until you reach the Target Trail and head through Oak Grove Park, looping around and then returning to Orchard Trail Park.
The Half Marathon is a Multiple Loop and out-and-back course. The course begins at Orchard Trail Park. From the start the course heads south along the scenic Rush Creek Corridor Trail and heads to a local neighborhood. The course then enters the local neighborhood for roughly a 1 mile loop, traversing Xenia Avenue along the way. The course then reenters the Rush Creek Corridor Trail and heads back to Orchard Trail Park. After looping around Orchard Trail Park, the course heads south again for two loops. You will run west along the Rush Creek Trail until almost reaching Winnetka Avenue. You will then turn around and head east until you reach the Target Trail and head through Oak Grove Park, looping around and then returning to Orchard Trail Park.
Both courses are USATF Certified. Their course certifications numbers are: MN20003RR – Half Marathon; MN20004RR – Full Marathon.
Below is a list of steps we are taking to ensure your safety. They are as follows:
- All runners will receive a mask, a small bottle of hand sanitizer and some paper towel at the race number pick up. The mask will be required for at least the first 1/4 mile until runners are able to spread out. Runners may choose to continue running with the mask for as long as they wish after the initial 1/4 mile. The hand sanitizer and paper towel will be used by runners at the porta potties. Runners will be required to use the hand sanitizer on the seat both before and after use. And also on their hands after use. Runners will be required to wear the mask from the time they arrive at the parking lot until after the start of the race until at least the 1/4 mile mark.
- Runners will have their temp checked at both packet pickup the day before and prior to the race start. There will be a mandatory runner check in on race day where runners will have their temp checked, complete a short questionnaire and also sign a final waiver. Any runners who have a temp above 99.9 will not be allowed to run. Any runners who list any Covid-19 symptoms will not be allowed to run.
- Runners will start in one of 2 manners. The first possibility is that runners will start in 25 person waves about 1 minute apart. The second possibility is that runners will start individually in a single file line, lined up 6 feet apart, based on estimated finish time.
- All volunteers will have masks, gloves and face shields. We will have bottled water available at two spots along the course that runners will run by a total of 10 times (for the full; 5 times for the half). We will also have bottled Gatorade or Powerade. Runners will help themselves to the water/Gatorade. Because the bottles will be 1 half-liter (16.9 oz) we will ask runners to carry the bottle with them and drink it fully, before discarding.
- The start/finish area will be about 100 meters from a covered pavilion where runners will be able to keep their belongings. We will have two volunteers there to ensure the belongings are secure. The Pavilion is adjacent to the course, so runners will be able to keep food or gels there if they don’t want to carry those items with them.
- There will be parking available at the local high school across the street from the park where the start/finish is located. We will ask runners to stay in their vehicles after the mandatory check in until about 5 minutes before the race start. We will then call runners to the line at that time and in one of the 2 manners previously described.
It will be mandatory that bibs be worn on the front of your body, most likely at your waist/stomach. We will have chip timing which requires the bib to be worn and visible on the front. Related to that, there will be video being taken on various parts of the course and we will have volunteers at the turn around and at a few other locations tracking bibs to ensure all runners complete the full distance for their race.
We have partnered with the Home2 by Hilton to get runners a discounted hotel rate. The rate is $95/night. There is no minimum stay requirement. Please find that information below.
Booking Link: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/ht/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=MSPCPHT&spec_plan=CHTXAM&arrival=20200717&departure=20200720&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
Hotel: Home2 Suites by Hilton Brooklyn Park Minneapolis
Group Name: Xenia Avenue marathon
Arrival Date: 17-Jul-2020
Departure Date: 20-Jul-2020
You can register via our on-line payment system here:
Also please see our terms and conditions.